Does your FB page have a long, unwieldy URL full of numbers and characters that you don’t understand?
This is bad for:
- Brand building
- Sharing the link with others
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Plus, it looks ugly and non-professional.
1. Choose a simple username e.g. facebook.com/YourCompanyName.
2. Go to facebook.com/YourCompanyName
3. From the drop-down menu of all the pages that you are an admin of, choose the one you want to change.
4. In the box asking you to ‘Choose desired username’, enter your company name. Click ‘Check availability’.
5. If the username you want is already taken, consider changing is slightly e.g. Add the word ‘onEtsy’ after your company name.
6. You will get a pop-up window asking you to confirm the name change. Click ‘Confirm’ button.
Congrats, you have a new URL!
- You can only change your URL ONCE so be make sure you choose wisely- You can only change the URL for Facebook pages that you are the admin of
If you want to shorten your URL even further, you can use the URLs ‘fb.com’ or ‘fb.me’ instead of 'facebook.com'.
e.g. Once I have the URL facebook.com/Socioh, I can use the URL ‘fb.com/Socioh’ or ‘fb.me/Socioh’ for my page.
To make it more clear — 'fb.me' = 'fb.com' = 'facebook.com'. Use capitalization in your company name to make it stand out. This will not affect how the URL is typed, only how it is displayed.
So, if I entered ‘Socioh’ (with capitalization) as my username while editing my URL, I can now type in 'fb.me/socioh' (all small letters) — this will automatically redirect me to 'facebook.com/Socioh' (with capitalization).