Unleash Your Ad Campaign Potential: 7 Top Shopify Apps to Scale Your Facebook & Instagram Ads
Advertising on social media is a no-brainer for DTC brands — with lower costs, seamless integrations, and non-traditional ad formats, these platforms offer smaller businesses a way to get their products directly into their consumers’ hands.
And Meta’s Facebook and Instagram remain one of the most profitable channels for new eCommerce brands to advertise on, despite the rapid growth of channels like TikTok.
Not surprising, given that Meta’s platforms lead the pack when one looks at both the number of users and time spent. The first social network to surpass one billion registered accounts, Facebook currently has more than 2.9 billion monthly active users. And American users still spend an average of 33 minutes per day on Facebook and 29 minutes per day on Instagram, despite the platform losing screen time to both Youtube (46 mins per day) and TikTok (31 mins).
But the platform’s popularity, Apple’s ATT changes, and the burgeoning DTC market have led to rising ad costs. Now, brands with smaller teams and limited advertising budgets need to innovate with customer acquisition strategies, marketing funnels, and creatives.
Luckily, choosing the right apps can help — from saving you time and targeting the right audiences to elevating your Facebook ads, here are 7 top-rated Shopify apps designed to help you optimize your Facebook Ads. Let’s jump right in!
Leading our list is Socioh. Popular with founders and pro-advertisers alike, this app does the job of multiple tools.
Socioh’s smart defaults, value-based audiences, and data-driven campaign recommendations help you create and manage Facebook and Instagram ads much faster than with the Meta Ads Manager.
Uniquely, this app offers you the ability to design and automate dynamic catalog ads with its Branded Catalog tool designed for eCommerce. With 100s of ready-to-use templates and a full-fledged designer tool, you can create stunning catalog ads that scale — add lifestyle images, remove backgrounds, automatically map metadata, and even A/B test catalog layouts without losing learnings.
Plus, their free first-party pixel tracks all your clicks and sales reliably to give you budget recommendations and view each customer's journey so you can make better decisions.
- Data-based Facebook and Instagram ad campaign recommendations.
- Bid advisor to predict and adjust your campaign budgets based on campaign performance.
- Branded Catalogs for complete design control over dynamic catalog ads.
- Value-based audiences — use lifetime order data from Shopify.
- Flat revenue-based pricing structure - no need to worry about limited/limiting features.
- Personalized onboarding, 24-hour support and regular performance reviews.
- FREE first-party attribution tool for accurate performance tracking and attribution.
- Integrated reporting dashboard with Meta, Google, TikTok and email integrations to view each customer's exact journey and touch points.
- Only for Facebook and Instagram.
- Advanced features may require a learning curve.
Pricing: Free first-party pixel for reliable tracking. Ads tool starts at $149/month (prices increase based on revenue).
Promising to be an all-in-one marketing platform to scale your Facebook Ads, Madgicx uses machine learning to optimize your ad targeting, creative performance, and budget allocation.
With a unified dashboard to manage multiple ad accounts, and its own tracking solution (Madgicx Could Tracking) to correctly attribute sales across platforms, their interface provides valuable insights on top-performing audiences so you don’t miss out on any profitable segments.
You can also A/B test your ad copy and get insights into your creatives with their advanced reporting dashboard.
- Machine learning for advanced audience targeting and ad optimization.
- Unified dashboard for managing multiple ad accounts.
- Easy bid control settings to conserve or scale budget based on returns.
- Detailed reporting dashboard for creative insights and A/B testing capabilities.
- User-reported problems with navigating their interface.
- Focus on audiences feels outdated, with Meta’s algorithm now favoring broader customer segments.
Pricing: Spend-based, starting at $55/month for up to $500 in ad spend. Add-on pricing for tracking and reporting. 7-day free trial available.
Scalify can help advertisers speed up and streamline their Facebook and Instagram ads campaign setup and management. In addition, the app can also launch Google Shopping Ads.
With a wide selection of templates, audience segmentation options, AI-based copy suggestions and automated split-testing, creating and testing effective ads becomes a breeze.
The platform also offers a number of ready-to-use templates for single-image ad creatives.
- Easy-to-use dashboard that helps speed up campaign creation and management.
- Range of ready-to-use templates for ad creation.
- Audience segmentation for precise targeting.
- Automated split-testing options to test audiences against creatives, etc.
- Users have reported problems with app stability.
- Limited features in lower-priced tiers.
Pricing: Spend-based, starting at $49/month, though you’ll need the Pro plan at $99/month for full-funnel audiences and Facebook/Google product feed integration. 7-day free trial available.
As the name suggests, Easy Ads simplifies the ad creation process for Shopify store owners. It offers a done-for-you funnel strategy and automatic campaign optimizations, so you don't have to worry about audience targeting, ad creative creation, or campaign setup.
With a user-friendly interface and various ad formats to choose from, you can quickly launch impactful campaigns.
Plus, measuring your ad performance and ROI is super easy with the insightful analytics dashboard provided by Easy Ads.
- User-friendly interface for effortless ad creation and management.
- Done-for-you full-funnel campaigns.
- Automated campaign optimizations based on your goals.
- Detailed reporting dashboard with reporting on ad performance, audience demographics, and conversion data.
- Limited features, with very little scope for customization.
Pricing: Starts at $39.95/month. 7-day free trial available.
Starting with ads and looking for an app that makes it easy to run ads on multiple platforms at once?
AdScale’s AI-powered app helps you optimize both your Facebook and Google Ads campaigns, and send SMS and Emails to help you maximize your results.
Using machine learning algorithms, the app automatically allocates your budget, targets the right audiences, and provides personalized product recommendations for upselling and cross-selling.
Further, their integration with ChatGPT and AI-based video tools makes creating ads and writing ad captions super quick and easy!
- AI to automatically optimize ad performance and budget allocation.
- Cross-channel integration with Google Ads for comprehensive marketing strategies.
- Personalized product recommendations for upselling and cross-selling.
- ChatGPT and AI-video tools.
- The vast array of features can be confusing at first.
- The platform’s reporting capabilities are more suited for beginners than pro-advertisers.
Pricing: Starts at $129/month (up to $1000 in spend), and increases sharply based on ad spend. 14-day free trial available.
AKO Retargeting Ads specializes in retargeting campaigns, making it a great app for recovering lost sales and re-engaging potential customers.
The app simplifies the creation of dynamic retargeting ads, allowing you to create personalized campaigns from your Shopify dashboard.
With its Instagram Reels DM Automation, the app allows you to connect with potential shoppers who have engaged with your content, helping advertisers generate leads and sales.
- Focused retargeting campaigns to recover lost sales.
- Send direct messages (DMs) to people who have commented on your IG Reels to generate leads and sales.
- Supports multiple ad formats for enhanced engagement.
- Limited in scope, may require other apps for comprehensive ad strategies.
- No creative customization.
- Spend/sales-based pricing ‘penalizes’ sales.
Pricing: This can end up being steep. Starts at $19/month +3% of ad spend and 1% of revenue on ads created via Ako. Free plan available only for product feed integration.
Adwisely lets you create & manage automated Facebook, Instagram, Google & TikTok ads in few clicks.
This app leverages AI to enhance ad delivery and targeting, ensuring your campaigns reach the right audience.
Once you upload the ad details (copy, budget, raw creatives), the app automatically analyzes your store data and creates ad creatives, targeting, and bidding strategies. It also runs A/B tests and scales the best-performing creatives.
- Harnesses AI to optimize ad delivery and targeting.
- Compatible with multiple Meta prospecting and retargeting ads and Google Shopping Campaigns.
- Limited customization options compared to other third-party apps.
- Performance reviews only on higher plan.
- Can prove expensive.
Pricing: Starts $49/month up to $500 in ad spend PLUS 10% of extra ad spend fee. &-day free trial available.
Have we missed any great Shopify apps for Facebook ads? Write to us at [email protected] or reply in the comments section below to share your recommendations with other founders.
Socioh is a digital advertising platform for eCommerce brands. Our Branded Catalog is the industry leader in dynamic catalog advertising and product feeds.